Commercial and Industrial Incentives
Southeastern Indiana REMC provides cash incentives to help businesses purchase and install electric energy-saving equipment. The incentives are available to all businesses, regardless of the number of employees. These programs help you more effectively manage energy use and lessen the impact of increasing power costs. We can offer these programs to reduce the demand for power at a much lower cost than building new power plants.
For more information click here.
Energy Savings for Your Business
Locally owned businesses are the backbone of our community. With summer in full swing, now is the perfect time to make sure your building is equipped for maximum energy savings.
- LED lighting for your business allows you to maintain your preferred brightness levels while keeping energy costs low. And don’t forget about your outdoor lighting options as well as timers for automatic, overnight shutoff.
- Check any refrigeration to ensure it is running optimally and keeping items cool without setting the thermostat lower than necessary. Keep up with regular maintenance and freon refills to ensure safe and longer-lasting inventory.
- Electric motor-driven systems account for about 25% of all commercial energy use. For larger operations, variable speed drives may be necessary to optimize your energy consumption.
- Unplug all unnecessary or unused appliances and electronic equipment. Many of these devices continue to draw power even when they are turned off. Advanced power strips are a smart, low-cost upgrade.
- Make sure your HVAC system is sized correctly for your business space. If it is not, this could lead to inefficient operation or insufficient cooling. Southeastern Indiana REMC’s energy advisors can help you evaluate your existing system.
These tips can help you lower your energy use while keeping your operations humming.
Southeastern Indiana REMC knows that your bottom line is important when making these business operations decisions. If these or other energy-saving adjustments require purchases, be sure to check out our rebates section about ways to save.
As your local electric cooperative, we would be happy to come to your office, warehouse, or storefront to conduct a comprehensive energy audit to make sure you’re maximizing every dollar. Contact us at 800-737-4111 to set up your energy audit today.