SEIREMC is an authorized Elite Generac Dealer.
We sell the 22 kW Air Cooled unit (Model 7142) with a 200 amp transfer switch and 7-year parts/labor warranty. We also sell portable generators, inverters, and power washers.
Our certified technicians install and maintain the 22 kW units we sell.
How does a 22 kW generator work?
The generators provided by SEIREMC have an automatic transfer switch, which is located next to your electrical main. This switch monitors incoming voltage 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. When a break in your electrical service occurs, the switch immediately signals the generator to power up. It safely closes off the utility line and simultaneously opens up a new power line from the generator.
How loud is the 22 kW generator when it is running?
In a quiet test mode, during weekly exercise, the level is 65 DBA (measurement of sound pressure) at 20 feet. Normal emergency operation is 78 DBA at 20 feet. In comparison, a typical riding lawn mower is 90 DBA at 20 feet.
How much does the 22 kW generator cost? ($1,000 Price increase coming in January 2022)
Providing all eligibility requirements are met, members receive a 25% discount off the actual installed cost. Our certified technicians install a 22 kW Generac for $5,900 plus additional installation material if needed.
After completing and submitting the Generac Program Agreement and $100 site visit fee, the generator, transfer switch, and optional equipment are installed.
There are two payment options available:
- Option 1: Payment in Full - If this option is chosen, the $100 site fee is applied to the balance due.
- Option 2: One-Year Lease-to-Own Financing - If this option is chosen, the $100 site fee is retained to cover administrative costs and SEIREMC retains ownership of the unit until paid in full. Your first payment is $1,475 plus any additional material, optional equipment, and pro-rated maintenance. The remaining balance of $4,425 will be paid in 3 equal quarterly payments - interest free.
Member is responsible for availability of LP or Natural Gas fuel source to the generator.
Benefits of participating in the SEIREMC Load Management Program
The purpose of the Load Management Program is to shed load during high periods of demand on the system. The Generac generators on our system are an important component in our ability to shed load quickly when we need to avoid a critical demand peak period. Members receive $50 bill credits six months out of the year for participating in the Load Management Program.
Details about Generac Pre-Packaged Emergency Power Systems (22 kW generators) provided by SEI REMC:
- Automatic engine start/stop
- 22 kw generator weighs approximately 550 pounds
- Provides emergency power to the entire house
- Dimensions are Length x Width x Height (49x26x29)
- Can be operated by either liquid propane or natural gas
- At 50% load, a generator will use approximately 1.78 gallons per hour - L.P. or 204 cu. ft per hour of natural gas
- Automatic electric load transfer to the “live” source of electricity
- Overspeed / low oil / high temperature / low coolant level shutdowns
- Must be a member in good standing.
- Must agree to have a Demand Response Unit (DRU) installed for load control purposes.
- Must place the unit within 10 feet of meter base, unless other arrangements are made during the site survey.
- Must carry a $300 annual maintenance agreement.
- Member is responsible for providing fuel source (LP or natural gas) to the generator. Minimum LP gas tank of 300 gallons or larger with 2 regulators.
Downloads: Generac Program Agreement & Details
Additional items for Sale
Stop by our headquarters office to see/purchase one of the portable generators, inverters, or power washers we have in stock.